Junior Business Associate | Portland Office
Garvey Schubert Barer, a dynamic and growing firm with offices in Portland, Seattle, New York, DC, and Beijing, is seeking an associate attorney to join its business practice in the Portland office.
The successful candidate will support the Business Group, as well as bring the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of law firm experience in a broad range of corporate and business matters, including financing transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and business entity formation and maintenance;
- Experience drafting entity organizational documents, including Operating Agreements, Shareholder Agreements and Partnership Agreements;
- Prior work experience (legal or non-legal) in a business or corporate setting desirable;
- Ability to work with a team;
- Ability to handle significant individual responsibilities;
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills;
- Exceptional academic credentials;
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal; and
- License to practice law in Oregon State.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political ideology, marital status, familial relationships, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications should email their resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to CareersPDX@gsblaw.com. If you require an accommodation for a disability to facilitate the application process, you are encouraged to contact us.