Please join us at 4:00 p.m. on February 8, 2012 for a panel discussion designed to give planners a better understanding of the role real estate law plays in the development and planning process. We will have Alan Brickley, legal counsel from First American Title, and Joseph West and Jennifer Bragar, real estate and land use attorneys from Garvey Schubert Barer, lead the discussion. Some of the topics we'll cover include:
- How deed restrictions and easements impact the land use process;
- Legal access – ways of necessity for landlocked parcels and easements;
- Lot of record and resolving improper land divisions; How planners identify who owns the property;
- How landowners know about conditions if they are not included as part of the title report; and
- The recording of conditions to provide notice to future landowners.
Bring your own questions too. We look forward to a lively discussion!
Join us for a short class and a reception – the perfect opportunity to mingle with other like-minded individuals passionate about land use planning in Oregon. Should you be unable to attend in person, participation by telephone is available. Please indicate when making reservations.
See you February 8th!
AICP .75 Law-credit CM pending approval.
To register, click here.
Garvey Schubert Barer
Bank of America Financial Center
121 SW Morrison Street 11th Floor
Portland, OR 97204-3141
Complimentary parking. Please bring your ticket to be validated at the event
Please contact Lauren Feeney.