SEATTLE, December 19, 2007 – Garvey Schubert Barer is pleased to announce that five attorneys have been selected 2008 "Rising Stars." Washington Law & Politics, a monthly publication in Washington State, publishes an annual year-end issue that names the "Rising Stars" of Washington law for the coming year. To be eligible as a "Rising Star", attorneys must be 40 or under, or in practice for 10 years or less. Based on peer recognition and professional achievement, only 2.5 percent of attorneys in Washington are selected. The 2008 Washington Rising Stars appears in a special section in the December 2007 / January 2008 issue of Washington Law & Politics.
The list of this year's Rising Stars and practice areas in which each was selected is:
- Seth J. Berntsen, Employment Litigation: Defense
- Sevilla C.P. Claydon, Employment & Labor
- Yemi Fleming Jackson, Employment Litigation: Defense
- Brent L. Jones, Securities & Corporate Finance
- Kenneth L. Schubert, III, Business Litigation