Colin Andrews’ practice focuses on representing both commercial and noncommercial radio and television companies before the Federal Communications Commission. He has experience on advising broadcasters on compliance with FCC regulatory requirements, including working on pleadings for FCC administrative proceedings, responding to Letters of Inquiry, responding to random EEO audits, and drafting comments on proposed Commission rulemakings on behalf of clients. In addition to FCC regulatory compliance, he has also counseled clients interested in buying or selling broadcast licenses and entities through every step of the deal, from negotiating a purchase agreement to obtaining FCC consent and consummating the deal.
He has also worked with many Tribal clients on issues ranging from general FCC compliance to more specialized topics, such as obtaining federal funds for broadband and wireless communication buildouts on tribal land or acquiring and licensing low powered FM radio stations to better serve their communities.
While in law school, Colin worked as a legal clerk in our DC office. Prior to starting at GSB, he was also a legal clerk at The White House, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and Bloomberg/Bureau of National Affairs.
News & Insights
- Public Radio Program Directors Association, 3.9.17
- Law360 (subscription required), 2.10.17
- GSB Serves as Special Government Contract Counsel to Salient CRGT for Its Recent Acquisition of Information Innovators, Inc.GSB Newsroom, 2.9.17
- GSB Responds on Behalf of More Than 220 Broadcasters to FCC Proposal on Internet Recruitment NoticesGSB Newsroom, 2.3.17
- Speaking EngagementDenver, CO, 7.19.17
- Speaking EngagementDenver, CO, 7.18.17
- Maryland, 2013
- District of Columbia, 2014
George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2013
- Staff Member, Public Contract Law Journal
- Research Assistant for Securities Regulation, Tutor for Administrative Law
- Member of Lambda Law, Student Teacher for Street Law
West Virginia University, B.A., Law/Legal Studies, Communications and Theatre, 2010
- Summa Cum Laude
- Phi Beta Kappa