Mark Rowley has extensive experience representing domestic and foreign real estate developers and lending institutions in a variety of real estate matters, including the acquisition and sale of real property, secured lending, workouts and foreclosures, commercial leases, and complex real estate litigation.
Mark has structured entities, including general and limited partnerships and limited liability companies, formed for the purpose of acquiring real property. He represents general partners in the private placement and syndication of limited partnership interests. He negotiates earnest money agreements, options and ground leases for acquisition of property and reviews contingencies to closing, including evaluation of title and permitting requirements.
In addition, he represents lenders and borrowers in the negotiation, documentation, and administration of construction and permanent loans. He analyzes strategies for the collection of indebtedness and evaluates the risks and advantages of bankruptcy proceedings.
In addition, Mark represents parties in disputes involving real property, including rescission and specific performance of earnest money agreements, foreclosure of liens and deeds of trust, unlawful detainer actions, condemnation proceedings, partition suits, and construction litigation. Mark also negotiates construction contracts with contractors, represents owners and lenders on issues that arise during construction, including construction loan disbursement and draw requests, lien priorities, stop notices, subordination, holdbacks, and retainage.
- Chair, Board of Directors, Garvey Schubert Barer, 1994-1997
News & Insights
- GSB Press Release, 8.25.16
- GSB Press Release, 8.24.15
- GSB Press Release, 8.16.13
- GSB Press Release, 9.7.12
- Garvey Schubert Barer Announces 2007 Managing Director for Seattle; Appoints New Members to its Firm-wide Executive CommitteeGSB Press Release, 1.5.07
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 1.5.12
- Illinois, 1976
- Washington, 1977
University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1975
University of Michigan, B.A., English, 1972
- Phi Beta Kappa
Honors | Recognitions
- Named by peers to The Best Lawyers in America© in the area of Real Estate Law, 2013-2017
- Martindale-Hubbell AV/5.0 Peer Review Rated
- Named a "Top Lawyer" for Real Estate in Seattle Met magazine, 2010