Sherman provides strategic counsel on complex business and legal issues associated with the development, distribution, acquisition and protection of intellectual property assets. His practice focuses on licensing program development, technology transactions (involving software, hardware and related professional services), IP due diligence, trade secrets, and the rapidly evolving privacy and data security issues associated with the same.
He is a trusted advisor and his clients range from fortune 500 companies to emerging growth clients. Recent successes include:
- preparing and negotiating a 21 million IT professional services and enterprise license transaction for a national restaurant franchise
- preparation of ecommerce licensing terms for an emerging VR services
- preparation of co-branded contest rules to be used in connection with an ecommerce marketing campaign
- performing IP due diligence for the buyers of patented technology solutions
Sherman has worked on matters involving open source software, joint development of software, operation of cloud services, mobile solutions, interactive web solutions, as well as assisting filmmakers with trademark and copyright clearance associated with production in the following industries: retail; software; OEM; food and beverages; manufacturing; entertainment and transportation.
- Washington State Bar Association
- Minority Corporate Counsel Association
News & Insights
- GSB Press Release, 7.27.16
University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law, J.D.
Seattle Pacific University, M.B.A., School of Business and Economics
University of Southern Maine, Muskie Institute of Public Affairs, M.A. Public Policy and Management
Colby College, B.A., Political Science
Honors | Recognitions
- Named by peers as one of Washington's "Super Lawyers" in Super Lawyers Magazine, 2014-2015