Stacy focuses on counseling her clients in a broad range of real estate matters. In transactional matters, she prioritizes fostering relationships with all of the members of the deal team to ensure win-win outcomes. Stacy’s prior experience litigating from pretrial through the highest appellate courts in Washington and Alaska has uniquely positioned her to forecast and mitigate against her clients’ litigation risks.
Prior to joining Garvey Schubert Barer, Stacy practiced real estate finance and maritime law. She clerked for Justice Gerry Alexander of the Washington Supreme Court from 2009-11 and Justice Warren Jones of the Idaho Supreme Court from 2008-09.
- ACLU of Washington, Cooperating Attorney, 2015-present
- Green Tree Early Childhood Center, Board of Directors, 2014-present
- Washington State Bar Association Young Lawyers Committee, King County District Representative, 2010-13
- Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association of Seattle, Membe
- Washington Women Lawyers, Member
- King County Bar Association, Member
Drafted commercial leases for hotel owner in its capacity as landlord to restaurateur tenants that provide room service to hotel guests; located in historic Pike Place Market.
Represented seller of real property with three tenants, including a cannabis grower, in a seller-financed transaction structured with an 18-month interim lease option converting into a secured term loan.
Counseled home buyers on residential purchases; advised international client on purchase of real property in Eastern Washington for future development of data center; represented private equity lenders in acquisitions of multifamily apartment projects.
Advised clients on construction financing for mixed-use, retail, healthcare, hospitality, higher education, multifamily, affordable housing and residential subdivision development projects.
Represented lead lender in $116 million syndicated loan secured by more than 50 vessels and multiple parcels of real property, focusing primarily on documenting secured collateral.
Negotiated easement encroachments with utilities and neighboring property owners for commercial and residential clients; drafted easements for ingress, egress, parking, maintenance, and well connections; resolved encroachment issues in connection with converting fee property into Indian trust land.
Performed complex due diligence review for title issues in $400 million acquisition of a hospital system comprised of several owned and leased properties; advised clients on owner and lender title policy coverage, title exceptions and title insurance endorsements.
News & Insights
- GSB Newsroom, 7.11.17
- Real Property Practice Chapter (Real Estate Financing and Security Devices)Washington Lawyers Practice Manual, 16
- Alaska, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2013
- Washington, 2009
University of Washington School of Law, 2008
- Washington Supreme Court, Legal Extern to Justice Barbara A. Madsen
- Innocence Project Northwest, Rule 9 Legal Intern
- American Constitution Society, President
- Native American Law Student Association, Member
University of Washington, B.A., Political Science, 2005
Honors | Recognitions
- Named by peers as one of Washington's "Rising Stars" in Super Lawyers, 2017