John CriglerOwner - Washington, D.C.
John Crigler represents clients in all aspects of public broadcasting. His clients include public radio and TV stations, program producers, nonprofit Internet distribution platforms, webcasters, satcasters, community groups, tribal Nations, and trade associations. Mr. Crigler provides representation before the Federal Communications Commission, the Copyright Office and Copyright Royalty Board, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, the National Telecommunications and Information Administration, and state and federal courts. He writes and speaks widely on public broadcasting topics and is a frequent panelist at conferences on noncommercial broadcasting and the internet.
- "Costs of the Transaction: Who Pays the Piper?," Radio & Television Business Report, July 19, 2011.
- "Huck Finn on Boating," BoatUS Magazine, December, 2010.
- "It's a Copy Mardi Gras!!!!," Presented at DEI's Public Radio Development & Marketing 2006 Conference, July 27, 2006.
- "Test Your Indecency Knowledge," Radio World, July 5, 2006.
- "Call Ahead for Reservations, Two Views on the FCC's Invitation for Petitions for Noncommercial Designation of New FM Channels," Radio World Guest Commentary, December 17, 2003.
- "The FCC, IRS and Your Underwriting," PRDMC Meeting, July 26, 2002.
- "The Public Radio Legal Handbook," 4th Edition, 2002.