Monica LangfeldtOwner - Seattle
Monica Langfeldt practices in the areas of international and federal tax, healthcare law, mergers and acquisitions and exempt organizations. Her practice encompasses business, transaction and international tax counsel, as well as advising U.S. and foreign corporations, partnerships and individuals in tax and business planning matters.
Ms. Langfeldt also assists tax-exempt organizations on a full range of legal issues including the creation, operation and dissolution of charitable and tax-exempt organizations, including formation and qualification of new tax-exempt status, nonprofit mergers, acquisitions, conversions to and from tax-exempt status, and dissolutions, compliance with state and federal laws governing insider transactions and private inurement. Ms. Langfeldt has also negotiated numerous software licensing agreements for healthcare providers.
She is fluent in Norwegian and is active in the local Norwegian community.
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, King County Bar Association
- Member, Washington Women in Tax
- Member, Seattle Tax Group
- Board Member, Northwest Justice Project
- Board Member and Executive Committee Member, Washington Attorneys Assisting Community Organizations
- "IRS Releases Additional Guidance for Reporting Foreign Financial Assets on Form 8938," Garvey Schubert Barer Legal Update, July 2012.
- "IRS Announces New FBAR Relief for U.S. Citizens Residing Outside the United States and U.S. Expatriates Holding Foreign Retirement Accounts," Garvey Schubert Barer Legal Update, June 2012