- What We Do
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy
Companies of all sizes can fall victim to data breaches whether from cyber-thieves or disgruntled or careless employees. Small to medium size enterprises are just as at risk as larger companies. Hackers are drawn to this business sector because they have more digital assets than individual consumers, but often less security than the typical large corporation. Attorneys in Garvey Schubert Barer’s Cybersecurity & Data Privacy practice work proactively with clients to reduce the risk of a cybersecurity threat and reactively to manage and mitigate the consequences of a breach including loss of critical information assets and economic and reputational damage.
Drawing from the firm’s transactional, regulatory and litigation practices including intellectual property/information technology, corporate, securities and financial institutions, healthcare, insurance coverage, government investigations, white collar criminal defense, and labor and employment GSB attorneys guide clients through the multitude of federal, state and international laws governing the collection, transfer and protection of data. We offer practical advice to assist our clients, many of them small to midsize enterprises, address privacy and cybersecurity issues in a manner appropriate to their business needs and the risks they face. They serve clients in a variety of industries including hospitality, healthcare, communications, retail, government contracting, banking, securities, technology and transportation.
- Risk assessment and risk reduction
- Pre-breach response planning
- Compliance planning
- Post-breach response consulting
- Post-breach litigation and claim handling assistance
- Assistance with post-breach public relations
- Insurance coverage advice
- Insurance coverage dispute resolution and litigation
- Regulatory violation defense
- Contract review and consultation
- Indemnity/contract dispute litigation