Labor Relations and Employment
Labor and employment disputes can be costly and can significantly disrupt your operations. Our lawyers help you take steps to prevent these disputes, or at least minimize their likelihood. When a dispute arises, we help you resolve it.
Services Garvey Schubert Barer provides to help you avoid labor and employment lawsuits include the following:
- Developing sound employment policies for your organization
- Keeping you current on changing and emerging areas of the law, such as drug testing and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Defending you against employment discrimination, wrongful termination and wage and hour claims
- Defending you against charges of unfair labor practices
- Helping you implement workforce reductions without exposing you to litigation
- Counseling you on how to respond to employee grievances
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements
Like many of our clients, you may want to acquire or consolidate healthcare programs. These complex transactions can raise labor law issues we can help you address.
Another service our firm provides is seminars on labor and employment issues important to employers. In addition to Garvey Schubert Barer’s lawyers, presenters often include management and staff from our clients. They provide a unique perspective on the kind of labor and employment issues you face.