During most of his thirty-five years in the practice of law, Mr. Keeler has concentrated on estate and trust litigation. Licensed in Oregon and California, Mr. Keeler has tried cases involving estates, trusts and conservatorships throughout Oregon, California and neighboring states, and has been designated as an expert witness in trust, estate and conservatorship litigation and related tax and professional negligence cases. Knowledgeable about complex estate and tax planning, trust and estate administration, Mr. Keeler has lectured extensively for Continuing Education of the Bar, the National Business Institute and addressed numerous Bar Associations, Estate Planning Councils, and estate planning professionals.
Mr. Keeler taught Estate Planning for over a decade at California State University, Fresno, and has a demonstrated ability to communicate and to listen. Trained through Pepperdine University’s Center for Dispute Resolution, Mr. Keeler has served as a mediator for trust, estate and conservatorship disputes and brings an extensive knowledge of estate planning and trust administration, practical and real life experience as trial counsel and his training as a mediator to settling cases in the same trusts’ and estates’ arena. He is the former chair of the Fresno County and the Orange County Bar Association estate planning, trust and probate sections and the former president of the Fresno Estate Planning Counsel. Mr. Keeler has served as judge pro tem in the probate departments of the Fresno County Superior Court and the Orange County Superior Court.
- Member, Orange County Bar Association; Resolutions Committee, 1988; Conference of Delegates, 1988 and1989; Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Law Section, 1985-198; Education Officer, 1986-1987; Secretary, 1987-1988; Vice Chair, 1988-1989; Chair of Probate Policy Memorandum Revision Committee,1985-1986; Section Education Officer and Moderator, 1986; O.C.B.A. Probate Clinic; Member of State Controller’s Office Liaison Committee; Legislative Review Committee
- Member, Association of Business Trial Lawyers, 2002-present; San Joaquin Chapter Board of Directors, 2009-present; Annual Seminar Planning Committee, 2011
- Member, Notre Dame Law Association
- Member, St. Thomas More Law Society
- Member, Oregon Mediation Association
- Judge Pro Tem, Orange County Superior Court, Probate Department, 1988
- Judge Pro Tem, Fresno County Superior Court, Probate Department, 1996-2002
- University of Southern California Law Center, J.D., 1973
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 1970
- California, 1973
- Oregon, 2007
- U.S. Court of Military Appeals, 1974
- U.S. Tax Court, 1983
- U.S. District Court of Appeals, Central District of California, 1982
- U.S. District Court of Appeals Eastern District of California, 1991
During most of his thirty-five years in the practice of law, Mr. Keeler has concentrated on estate and trust litigation. Licensed in Oregon and California, Mr. Keeler has tried cases involving estates, trusts and conservatorships throughout Oregon, California and neighboring states. Mr. Keeler is also certified by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization in Estate Planning and Trust & Probate Law.