As part of our ongoing commitment to providing timely information about pressing concerns affecting your business and industry, Garvey Schubert Barer regularly hosts seminars and roundtables on key legal developments. Whether in-house, at a national legal or industry conference, or at your facility, you can trust our lawyers to deliver the information you need, when you need it. Our goal is to help you successfully meet your business challenges and take advantage of your business opportunities.
In addition, as part of Garvey Schubert Barer's strong commitment to public service, we regularly support or sponsor legal, industry and charitable events.
- Panel Discussion"Rajneeshpuram: Legal Legacy & Lessons," 2018 O’Connell Conference, University of Oregon School of LawEugene, OR, 9.7.18
- GSB hosted eventPortland, OR, 10.4.18
- Speaking engagement"International Estate Planning Q&A," Santa Clara University School of Law's 14th Annual Jerry A. Kasner Estate Planning SymposiumSanta Clara, CA, 10.4-10.5, 2018
- Panel Discussion“Impact of Wayfair on services and international taxes," 2018 American Bar Association Fall Tax MeetingAtlanta, GA, 10.5.18
- Speaking Engagement“Seattle’s Waterfront Redevelopment: Who’s Footing the Bill?" 12th Annual Fall Real Estate Conference, Seattle Chapter of the Appraisal InstituteSeattle, WA, 10.5.18
- Speaking engagement"S Corporation Distributions – The Ins and Outs," New York University 77th Institute on Federal TaxationNew York, NY, 10.21.18-10.26.18
- Co-sponsored eventSeattle, WA, 10.25.18
- Speaking Engagement"Developments in the World of IRC Section 1031 Exchanges, including the Impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act," IRS Tax Practitioners ForumPortland, OR, 10.31.18
- Speaking EngagementPortland, OR, 11.5.18
- Speaking Engagement"The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act – What It May Mean to Your Clients," Estate Planning Council of Portland Mini-SeminarPortland, OR, 11.7.18
- Speaking Engagement"What a Family Law Practitioner Needs to Know About the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act," Clackamas County Bar Association Fall ConferenceOregon City, OR, 11.8.18
- Speaking Engagement"S Corporation Distributions – The Ins and Outs," New York University 77th Institute on Federal TaxationSan Diego, CA, 11.11.18-11.16.18
- Panel discussionSeattle, WA, 11.12.18, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- SeminarPortland, OR, 11.13.18
- Panel DiscussionNew York, NY, 12.18.18
- Panel discussion"International Update, Relevant Legal Developments from Outside the United States," 53rd Annual Heckerling Institute of Estate PlanningOrlando, FL, 1.17.19, 3:50 - 5:20 p.m.
- Speaking EngagementGleneden Beach, OR, 8.10.18
- Speaking Engagement“Adverse Possession? Prescriptive Easements? Here's the What, Where, When, Why, and How,” 2018 RELU Annual Summer ConferenceGleneden Beach, OR, 8.10.18
- Sponsored EventBellevue, WA, 8.6.18
- Speaking EngagementSeattle, WA, 7.31.18
- Speaking Engagement"Evaluating the Built-in Gains Tax for C to S Conversions After TCJA," New York University Tax Conferences in July – Advanced Conference on Subchapter SNew York, NY, 7.26.18