As part of our ongoing commitment to providing timely information about pressing concerns affecting your business and industry, Garvey Schubert Barer regularly hosts seminars and roundtables on key legal developments. Whether in-house, at a national legal or industry conference, or at your facility, you can trust our lawyers to deliver the information you need, when you need it. Our goal is to help you successfully meet your business challenges and take advantage of your business opportunities.
In addition, as part of Garvey Schubert Barer's strong commitment to public service, we regularly support or sponsor legal, industry and charitable events.
- Panel discussionPortland, OR, 9.27.18
- GSB hosted eventPortland, OR, 10.4.18
- Speaking engagement"International Estate Planning Q&A," Santa Clara University School of Law's 14th Annual Jerry A. Kasner Estate Planning SymposiumSanta Clara, CA, 10.4-10.5, 2018
- Speaking engagement"Commercially Reasonable or Best Efforts: How Do the Standards Impact Your Contract?" Navigating the Trends in Commercial Contracting by WSAA-CLE and IACCMSeattle, 10.4.18
- Panel Discussion“Impact of Wayfair on services and international taxes," 2018 American Bar Association Fall Tax MeetingAtlanta, GA, 10.5.18
- Speaking Engagement“Seattle’s Waterfront Redevelopment: Who’s Footing the Bill?" 12th Annual Fall Real Estate Conference, Seattle Chapter of the Appraisal InstituteSeattle, WA, 10.5.18
- Co-sponsored eventSeattle, WA, 10.25.18
- Speaking engagement"Subchapter S After the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act – the Good, the Bad and the Ugly," New York University 77th Institute on Federal TaxationNew York, NY, 10.25.18
- Speaking Engagement"Developments in the World of IRC Section 1031 Exchanges, including the Impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act," IRS Tax Practitioners ForumPortland, OR, 10.31.18
- Speaking Engagement"Navigating the Built In Gains Tax for C to S Conversions After the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act," 2018 Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA) Northwest Federal Tax ConferencePortland, OR, 11.5.18
- Speaking Engagement"The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act – What It May Mean to Your Clients," Estate Planning Council of Portland Mini-SeminarPortland, OR, 11.7.18
- Speaking Engagement"What a Family Law Practitioner Needs to Know About the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act," Clackamas County Bar Association Fall ConferenceOregon City, OR, 11.8.18
- Panel discussionSeattle, WA, 11.12.18, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- SeminarPortland, OR, 11.13.18
- Speaking Engagement"Subchapter S After the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act – the Good, the Bad and the Ugly," New York University 77th Institute on Federal TaxationSan Diego, CA, 11.15.18
- Panel DiscussionNew York, NY, 12.18.18
- Panel discussion"International Update, Relevant Legal Developments from Outside the United States," 53rd Annual Heckerling Institute of Estate PlanningOrlando, FL, 1.17.19, 3:50 - 5:20 p.m.
- Speaking engagementSeattle, WA, 9.17.18
- Panel Discussion"Rajneeshpuram: Legal Legacy & Lessons," 2018 O’Connell Conference, University of Oregon School of LawEugene, OR, 9.7.18
- Panel discussionSeattle, WA, 9.6.18
- Speaking EngagementGleneden Beach, OR, 8.10.18
- Speaking Engagement“Adverse Possession? Prescriptive Easements? Here's the What, Where, When, Why, and How,” 2018 RELU Annual Summer ConferenceGleneden Beach, OR, 8.10.18