Seattle, WA, August 15, 2019 – Garvey Schubert Barer (GSB) is proud to announce that 27 of its attorneys have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 26th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©. This year, Barbara L. Holland was named a 2020 "Lawyer of the Year" for Admiralty and Maritime Law.
The complete listing of GSB attorneys named in the 2020 rankings is below:
- Joseph Arellano | Commercial Litigation; Litigation: Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy) and Litigation: Securities
- Larry J. Brant | Tax Law
- Christine P. Brown | Trusts and Estates
- Vincent P. Cacciottoli | Employee Benefits/ERISA Law
- Nancy M. Cooper | Labor Law - Management
- Joy Ellis | Employment Law - Management; Labor Law - Management; Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Cynthia M. Fraser | Arbitration; Mediation
- Gary I. Grenley | Commercial Litigation
- Steven D. Nofziger | Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships); Tax Law
- Tara J. Schleicher | Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Paul H. Trinchero | Litigation - Securities
- Robert C. Weaver, Jr. | Bet-the-Company Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Criminal Defense: General Practice; Criminal Defense: White-Collar; Litigation - Antitrust; Litigation - Securities
- Joseph W. West | Corporate Compliance Law; Corporate Governance Law; Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law; Real Estate Law
- Norman J. Bruns | Litigation and Controversy – Tax; Tax Law
- Michelle DeLappe | Tax Law
- Laurence B. Finegold | Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Barbara L. Holland | Lawyer of the Year* for Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Brent L. Jones | Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Brian A. Morrison | Labor Law - Management
- Mark A. Rowley | Real Estate Law
- Sara P. Sandford | International Trade and Finance Law
- Diana S. Shukis | Employment Law - Management
- David H. Smith | Criminal Defense: General Practice and Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Robert Spitzer | Real Estate Law
- Akane R. Suzuki | Trusts and Estates
- Scott G. Warner | Copyright Law
- Melodie A. Virtue | Communications Law
*The Lawyer of the Year award is given to individual attorneys with the highest overall peer feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region. Only one attorney is recognized as the "Lawyer of the Year" for each specialty and location.
About Best Lawyers
Recognition by Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. Its methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area. Best Lawyers employs a peer survey process designed to elicit substantive evaluation of the quality of legal services provided by a particular attorney.
Since its founding in 1966, GSB has provided results-oriented legal counsel to help clients – from established market leaders, to newly launched enterprises and governmental bodies – solve problems, create new opportunities and mitigate risk. The firm takes a holistic approach to managing clients’ needs, with attorneys who possess deep industry experience and a thorough understanding of current and emerging issues. GSB has offices in Seattle, Portland, Washington, D.C., New York, and Beijing. More information is available on the web at www.gsblaw.com.