Ashley's practice focuses on trust and estate litigation, and estate planning and administration. She provides practical and effective counsel to her fiduciary clients regarding their duties and her individual clients regarding their rights.
Ashley practiced for nearly 10 years in Florida and California before moving to Oregon in January 2018, and she has enjoyed helping families and individuals address and solve sensitive issues and disputes, both in the courtroom and through alternative dispute resolution. She also has advised clients on planning for incapacity and in structuring wealth to achieve their goals, which have ranged from simple plans to complex strategies spanning multiple generations. Ashley oversaw these structures through the estate and trust administration process. She has had significant experience helping institutional trustees settle estates and administer ongoing trusts.
- Member, Trusts and Estates Section of the California Bar
- Member, Estate Planning, Probate, and Trust Section, San Francisco Bar Association
- Member, California Women Lawyers
- Member, Real Property, Probate, and Trust Sections, Florida Bar Association
Represented a homeowner on a matter of first impression against the Property Appraiser for Martin County, Florida, which effectively changed local public policy in favor of taxpayers regarding property tax reassessment on homes owned by qualified personal residence trusts.
News & Insights
- Oregon, 2018
- California, 2016
- Florida, 2006
University of Florida Fredric G. Levin College of Law, J.D., 2005
University of Florida, B.S., Psychology, cum laude, 2002
- Honorable Richard L. Oftedal, Honorable Karen L. Martin, Fifteenth Judicial Circuit of Florida, 2006-2007