Eryn helps individuals and entities resolve complex disputes and respond to government investigations.
She focuses on commercial and regulatory matters in state and federal courts, including white collar criminal defense, employment litigation and tax disputes. Eryn has represented clients with respect to employment discrimination litigation, non-competition agreements, FDA and unfair trade practices investigations, securities fraud and false claims act defense, and criminal and grand jury investigations of all sizes.
Eryn provides pro bono legal services through the U.S. District Court Pro Bono Panel, and reviews inquiries as a volunteer attorney for the Oregon Innocence Project. While at Garvey Schubert Barer, she served as a volunteer Special Deputy District Attorney with the Multnomah County District Attorney’s office for a four-week span as part of its Jury Trial Experience Project.
Before joining Garvey Schubert Barer, she was an associate at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison in New York, where she worked on a variety of civil matters, including class-action securities fraud, class-action employment discrimination litigation, and other major commercial litigation on behalf of financial institutions.
Eryn attended the University of Chicago, earning both undergraduate and law degrees. As a law student, she participated in the Criminal and Juvenile Justice Project, assisting in the representation of children and adults accused of serious felonies. Before law school, she was the General Manager of the Portland cultural institution and bar, Produce Row Café.
- Women's White Collar Defense Association, Oregon-Idaho Chapter, Executive Committee member, 2018-present
- Owen M. Panner American Inn of Court, 2013-present; Pupilage Group Leader, 2018-present
- Oregon Women Lawyers, Fall CLE Committee, 2012-2015; OWLS member since 2010
- Multnomah Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section Service to the Public Committee, 2011-2013; MBA member since 2010
- Oregon State Bar, member, 2010-present
- PHAME, Chair, 2017-present; Secretary, 2016-2017; Vice Chair, 2015-2016; Board Member since 2013
- Family Business Bulletin, 3.3.16
News & Insights
- GSB Newsroom, 8.31.17
- Law360 (subscription required), 4.28.17
- GSB Newsroom, 1.3.17
- Financial Services
- Family-Owned and Closely Held Businesses
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Securities Litigation and Enforcement
- White Collar Defense and Investigations
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Business & Corporate Finance
- Workplace Misconduct
- Oregon, 2010
- New York, 2009
University of Chicago, A.B., Economics and Public Policy Studies, with honors, 2003
University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 2008