Josh’s diverse and dynamic business and intellectual property practices span across the sports, entertainment, food and beverage, media and technology industries. Leveraging his unique experience representing individuals and businesses of all sizes on either side of various deals, Josh delivers practical, creative and thoughtful advice to his clients to help achieve their goals.
He represents a wide array of entrepreneurs, investors, entertainers, athletes, producers, writers, media production and distribution companies and emerging and established brands and businesses on intellectual property, commercial, corporate, labor and employment transactions and disputes.
He has extensive experience advising start-ups and established ventures in apparel and consumer goods, managing the music business affairs of an international videogame company, and handling production legal work for a leading stand-up comedy production and distribution company.
Having worked across prominent boutique entertainment, media, fashion and intellectual property law firms, the Business & Legal Affairs Department at IMG and the CBS Law Department's Trademarks Group provided Josh with the diverse capabilities needed to serve his clients. He also provided access to pro bono legal services to visual artists, musicians, filmmakers and non-profit organizations as a legal fellow at Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts.
While in law school, Josh provided legal assistance to independent filmmakers and documentarians in the Cardozo Indie Film Clinic. Josh also served on the editorial board as a Notes Editor for the Cardozo Arts & Entertainment Law Journal — one of the most preeminent arts, entertainment and sports law journals in the country.
- Member, New York City Bar Association, 2013-present
- Member, New York State Bar Association, 2013-present
News & Insights
- Speaking EngagementNew York, NY, 6.21.18
- Panel DiscussionNew York, NY, 3.8.18
- New York, 2014
- New Jersey, 2013
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University, J.D., cum laude, 2013
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A., with Honors in the Liberal Arts & Distinction in the Major, Political Science, 2010.
Honors | Recognitions
- Named by peers as one of New York Metro "Rising Stars" in Super Lawyers Magazine, 2018