Clients rely on Sarah’s sound judgment, strategic sense and powerful writing as they navigate regulations and face legal disputes.
Sarah focuses on advising businesses and employers, offering practical guidance to ensure compliance with a multitude of regulations, and providing thoughtful, strategic help from the first signs of litigation. She came to the law with more than two decades of related professional experience. After graduating from Yale, Sarah became a reporter for The Oregonian, covering state government and City Hall. She then jumped directly into the fray, writing and strategizing for a range of public agencies, governors, political figures and non-profit organizations. The judgment, strategic sense and strong writing skills she honed in the public arena now are deployed to her clients’ benefit.
Sarah enjoys work that makes a difference in our community and beyond – whether it is helping businesses thrive, shaping government policymaking or directly interacting with regulatory agencies. She dedicates her pro bono service to helping two immigrant families, one from Guatemala, the other El Salvador, with asylum cases pending in Immigration Court. She has also counseled clients on how to respond if immigration enforcement agents raid their workplaces. During law school, Sarah worked for the Oregon Department of Justice’s Special Litigation Unit, helping with complicated and high-profile cases involving prisoners’ rights, endangered species, disability rights and land use. She was a summer associate at Stoll Berne and externed with the Honorable Michael J. Simon of the District of Oregon.
- Member, Business for a Better Portland
- Member, City Club of Portland, Research Committee on Local Government & Equity
- Member, Oregon State Bar
- Member, Multnomah Bar Association
- Member, Oregon Women Lawyers
- Member, Owen M. Panner American Inn of Court
- Cross Border Business Law Blog, 4.5.18
- Duff on Hospitality Law, 7.7.17
- Duff on Hospitality Law, 7.5.17
News & Insights
- Multnomah Lawyer, March 2017
- SeminarPortland, OR, 11.13.18
- MLRC Employment Libel and Privacy Law 50-State Survey, 2018 Edition, 11.17
- Oregon, 2016
Lewis & Clark Law School, J.D., summa cum laude, Cornelius Honor Society, 2016
Yale University, B.A. History, magna cum laude, Distinction in the Major, 1986