Stacy helps real estate and hospitality industry clients negotiate business agreements, find solutions to complex problems and bring transactions across the finish line.
Stacy counsels clients through a broad range of real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions of commercial property; commercial leasing of retail, restaurant, office and industrial space; residential purchases; construction contracts; and easement agreements. She is experienced in advising borrowers and lenders in financings, including reviewing and negotiating title insurance. Stacy also represents hospitality clients in owner-operator agreements and consulting relationships for branded restaurant concepts.
Passionate about the emerging technologies and trends in real estate, Stacy particularly enjoys partnering with clients whose projects live at the intersection of innovation and real property.
- NAIOP, Night of the Stars Committee Member, 2018-present
- ACLU of Washington, Cooperating Attorney, 2015-present
- Green Tree Early Childhood Center, Board of Directors, 2014-2018
- Washington State Bar Association Young Lawyers Committee, King County District Representative, 2010-2013
- Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association of Seattle, Member
- Washington Women Lawyers, Member
- King County Bar Association, Member
Represented innovative start-up clients seeking to develop and operate short-term rental properties and advised regarding complex, constantly-shifting local and state regulations.
Structured and drafted commercial lease for Seattle-based brewery, including tenant improvement provisions permitting modifications to the premises for brewing and retailing craft beer.
Drafted commercial leases for hotel owner in its capacity as landlord to restaurateur tenants that provide room service to hotel guests; located in historic Pike Place Market.
Represented seller of real property with three tenants, including a cannabis grower, in a seller-financed transaction structured with an 18-month interim lease option converting into a secured term loan.
Counseled home buyers on residential purchases; advised international client on purchase of real property in Eastern Washington for future development of data center; represented private equity lenders in acquisitions of multifamily apartment projects.
Advised clients on construction financing for mixed-use, retail, healthcare, hospitality, higher education, multifamily, affordable housing and residential subdivision development projects.
Represented lead lender in $116 million syndicated loan secured by more than 50 vessels and multiple parcels of real property, focusing primarily on documenting secured collateral.
Negotiated easement encroachments with utilities and neighboring property owners for commercial and residential clients; drafted easements for ingress, egress, parking, maintenance, and well connections; resolved encroachment issues in connection with converting fee property into Indian trust land.
Performed complex due diligence review for title issues in $400 million acquisition of a hospital system comprised of several owned and leased properties; advised clients on owner and lender title policy coverage, title exceptions and title insurance endorsements.
Worked with bank clients to structure, document and negotiate various kinds of credit facilities, including revolving lines of credit, term loans, conversion to permanent loans, participated facilities and bridge loans.
- Short-Term Rental Update: Airbnb's new 'Backyard' initiative; Miami-Dade County files lawsuits against HomeAway and FlipKey; the City of Portland to finalize data-sharing agreement with AirbnbNorthwest Real Estate Forum , 12.6.18
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 2.15.18
News & Insights
- GSB Newsroom, 11.7.18
- GSB Newsroom, 7.24.18
- GSB Newsroom, 7.11.17
- Real Property Practice Chapter (Real Estate Financing and Security Devices)Washington Lawyers Practice Manual, 16
- Alaska, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2013
- Washington, 2009
University of Washington School of Law, 2008
- Washington Supreme Court, Legal Extern to Justice Barbara A. Madsen
- Innocence Project Northwest, Rule 9 Legal Intern
- American Constitution Society, President
- Native American Law Student Association, Member
University of Washington, B.A., Political Science, 2005
- Chief Justice Gerry Alexander, Washington Supreme Court, 2009-2011
- Justice Warren Jones, Idaho Supreme Court, 2008-2009
Honors | Recognitions
- Named by peers as one of Washington's "Rising Stars" in Super Lawyers, 2017-2018
- Named a "Rising Star" in Super Lawyers, Washington Women's Edition, 2018