Cameron Smith provides practical and efficient transactional advice and solutions to entrepreneurs, technology and emerging growth companies and investors. He works closely with his clients throughout the corporate life-cycle, from entity formation, capital raising activities, and ultimately an exit plan. Delivering thoughtful and customized strategies that address his clients’ specific needs is what makes him known as a trusted advisor.
His practice focuses on securities and corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, complex commercial transactions, and general corporate law. His experience ranges from advising startup companies about formation and venture financing to representing public companies with SEC compliance, corporate governance, periodic reporting and disclosure obligations, and securities exchange listing matters. Cameron represents issuers and institutional investors in connection with public securities offerings, private placements and other capital raising transactions, and also represents corporate clients and financial sponsors in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Cameron has worked with clients in a wide variety of technology and emerging growth sectors including software, wireless hardware and services, e-commerce, online media, SaaS, renewable energy, and biotechnology.
News & Insights
- Sponsored EventBellevue, WA, 8.6.18
- Washington State, 2004
- University of Washington School of Law, LL.M., Taxation, 2004
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D. with honors, 2003
- Villanova University, Villanova School of Business, B.S., Economics, cum laude, 2000
- Judicial extern for the Honorable Marsha J. Pechman of the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
Honors | Recognitions
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” by Washington Law & Politics magazine from 2010-2014