- What We Do
GSB has a long-standing history representing the healthcare industry and provides comprehensive legal services to clients in that arena. Our attorneys regularly represent a wide range of entities, including hospitals, long-term care facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, physicians and physician organizations, health plans, imaging facilities, clinical laboratories, and medical device manufacturers.
We represent healthcare clients locally and nationally in:
- Regulatory compliance, including HIPAA
- M&A and business transactions
- Corporate governance
- Labor & employment
- Provider reimbursement
- Contractual arrangements
- Real estate
- Intellectual property & technology
- Federal and state taxation
- Litigation & dispute resolution
- Products liability
Williby v. Aetna Life Ins. Co. (C.D. Cal. 2018). Secured judgment for claims administrator on remand. After the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals vacated a judgment for the claimant and remanded for consideration under the correct standard of review, the District Court concluded that the administrator’s decision to terminate short-term disability benefits was reasonable and supported by the administrative record.
Abubakar v. Aetna Life Ins. Co. (C.D. Cal. 2016). Obtained dismissal of long-term disability benefit claim on de novo review. The Court affirmed the benefit denial, concluding that the administrator correctly applied the plan’s pre-existing condition exclusion.
Assisted group of residents at assisted living center in bankruptcy/receivership proceedings to recoup the hundreds of thousands of buy-in fees they had paid to the debtor pre-petition.
News & Events
- 28 GSB Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America® 2019 List; Two Portland Lawyers Named ‘Lawyer of the Year’GSB Newsroom, 8.15.18
- GSB Newsroom, 7.24.18
- Garvey Schubert Barer Launches New Practice to Help Companies Prevent and Respond to Workplace Misconduct IssuesGSB Newsroom, 3.13.18
- Of Counsel
- Of Counsel