We represent emerging companies at every stage of development and across industry sectors, including software, hardware and peripherals, computer gaming, medical devices and clean technology. We also represent regulated industry sectors such as food & beverage and cannabis. Our emerging-company clients find that Garvey Schubert Barer differentiates itself from larger competitors by providing a steadfast, accountable and experienced corporate lawyer to serve as a single point of contact for virtually all their legal needs. We offer a unique value proposition while maintaining a comprehensive platform that provides access to lawyers practicing in specialized legal areas such as labor and employment, executive compensation, real estate, intellectual property, technology licensing, and tax.
We regularly represent companies, angel investors and venture capital funds in private placements of equity and debt, joint ventures, strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions, and public offerings. Through this experience we bring a real-world understanding of the business and financing environments in which our emerging-company clients operate. We take the long-term view of partnerships with clients and frequently spend significant nonbillable time with emerging-company clients and their boards as an investment in their future success.
- Obtained dismissal of successive state and federal lawsuits against private equity fund’s newly acquired mining company
Obtained dismissal of successive state and federal lawsuits against private equity fund’s newly acquired mining company, by advisor that had rendered services to company’s pre-foreclosure owners and managers.
Represented a Bellevue e-commerce company in its going-private transaction.
News & Events
- GSB Newsroom, 3.25.19
- BEA Thought Leadership Series (BEATLS), 1.7.19
- GSB Newsroom, 1.2.19
- GSB Newsroom, 5.3.18
- GSB Newsroom, 4.18.18
- Garvey Schubert Barer Attorney Sara P. Sandford Named Chair-Elect of the American Bar Association Section of International LawGSB Press Release, 9.15.15
- Garvey Schubert Barer Attorney Sara P. Sandford Named Vice Chair of the American Bar Association Section of International LawGSB Press Release, 8.22.14
- Cross Border Business Law Blog, 4.24.15
- Investment Seminars in ChinaBeijing / Fuzhou / Shenzhen, China, 5.22.17 | 5.24.17 | 5.26.17
- "Applying for an I-502 License...What's Next," Presentation to MJBA Meet-UpSpeaking EngagementSeattle, Washington, 4.22.14
- "I-502 Marijuana Regulatory Compliance," Presentation to MJBA Vendor FairSpeaking EngagementSeattle, WA, 3.15.14
- "Setting Up Transmedia Plays: Legal and Business Issues When Designing Games for Multiple Platforms and Planning for Multiple Projects," Gamer Technology Law, Law Seminars InternationalSpeaking EngagementWashington State Convention Center, Seattle, WA, 10.3.11
- Speaking EngagementSeattle, WA, 7.19.11
- “Incorporation and Early Stage Finance for Growth Companies,” The Founder InstituteSpeaking EngagementGarvey Schubert Barer, Seattle, WA, 1.3.11
- Speaking EngagementSeattle, WA, 5.12.10
- Speaking EngagementSeattle, WA, 5.11.10
- "Be Aware: Federal and State Securities Rules Apply to Start-up Companies," Montgomery County’s Business Innovation Network LuncheonSpeaking EngagementShady Grove Innovation Center, Rockville, MD, 3.11.10
- SponsorshipCalifornia Historical Society Museum, San Francisco, CA, 3.10.10
- "Incorporation and Early Stage Legal Issues," The Founder InstituteSpeaking EngagementSeattle, WA, 2.9.10
- "Politics and Your Project," Harvesting Clean Energy Conference 2010Speaking EngagementSeattle, WA, 2.8.10
- Of Counsel
- Of Counsel
- Of Counsel
- Of Counsel