- What We Do
- Real Estate
Solving your legal problems involving real estate requires a lawyer who understands the law, the real estate market and your business needs.
Our real estate clients include developers, landlords, tenants, homeowners, banks and other lenders. Over the years, we have represented these clients on a broad range of real estate matters involving commercial, retail, office, industrial and multi-family residential projects. This experience enables us to deliver practical, cost-effective services to clients like you.
These services include advice about the following:
- Real estate and construction litigation
- Purchase and sale transactions
Keeping You Current on the Law and the Industry
We regularly update clients about changes in real estate law and on industry trends. This includes briefing clients on legislative proposals in the federal tax, housing and other legal areas affecting their businesses. Staying current enables you to anticipate and prevent legal problems as well as capitalize on new developments.
Most law firms tout their "responsiveness." But clients constantly tell us that the lawyers at Garvey Schubert Barer are exceptional when it comes to reacting immediately to client communications and needs.
Represents a serial real estate investor on acquisitions of multi-unit residential properties throughout metropolitan Denver and the surrounding suburbs.
Represents a serial commercial developer on transactions in metropolitan Denver and throughout Colorado. Negotiates loan agreements and purchase agreements for the acquisition of undeveloped land and carries the projects through construction of the retail buildings, which are then leased and/or sold.
Represents a national bank for all of its Colorado lease negotiations.
Represents owner/landlord of various office building and shopping centers in connection with leasing, tenant defaults, and other tenant related issues.
Assisted with purchase of a Colorado country club by real estate investment group.
Assists with purchase and sale agreements in industries such as health care, publishing, and oil and gas.
Represented two affiliated Portland Rose Quarter auto dealerships in the sale of their assets and real estate, helping to optimize the clients’ outcome amid unforeseen issues and protracted negotiations.
Represented Wentworth entities in the sale of a centrally-located Portland dealership owned by the family for multiple generations, while helping to achieve the clients’ goal of retaining post-closing ownership of certain ancillary real estate. The transaction involved negotiating complex deal terms and navigating manufacturer issues and buyer diligence issues.
Represents creditors in Chapter 11 proceedings and all types of bankruptcy and litigation to protect their interests in commercial collateral, including real property, fixtures and associated personal property.
Represented Receiver (prior to Oregon Receivership Code) and successfully defended Receiver’s right to sell commercial property, comprising three gas stations and convenience stores, for the benefit of interested parties.
Represented developer in Chapter 11 proceeding involving a private condominium and marina project. Successfully defended judgment creditor's motion for relief from stay and obtained an order confirming Chapter 11 plan allowing debtor to refinance and redevelop the property for high-end apartments.
Represented Chapter 11 Debtor with approximately $13 million in debt and obtained confirmation of plan after contested confirmation hearing allowing debtor to reorganize and continue selling high-end condominiums alongside Oregon’s Willamette River.
Represented a food manufacturer in reviewing a $50 million construction contract.
Represented an entertainment establishment in negotiating the construction contract for a major renovation and expansion project.
Reviewed construction contract for a retail store renovation project.
Worked with bank clients to structure, document and negotiate various kinds of credit facilities, including revolving lines of credit, term loans, conversion to permanent loans, participated facilities and bridge loans.
Represented innovative start-up clients seeking to develop and operate short-term rental properties and advised regarding complex, constantly-shifting local and state regulations.
Structured and drafted commercial lease for Seattle-based brewery, including tenant improvement provisions permitting modifications to the premises for brewing and retailing craft beer.
Represented a South American bank executive in the $17 million purchase of a New York City condominium apartment.
Represented a high-net-worth South American client in the $9 million purchase of a cooperative apartment in a New York City building under a complicated ground lease.
Represented the estate of a business owner in the $11 million sale of commercial property in New York City, consisting of four separate lots owned by three entities.
Represented a family-run entity in the $16.5 million sale of a New York City office building with purchase-money financing.
Represented a mid-sized architecture firm in negotiating a New York City office lease, while terminating the existing lease in a different building to ensure a smooth transition.
Represented a regional bank in a $12 million construction loan for the development of an affordable housing project in New York state.
Represented a non-profit organization in drafting loan documents and reviewing commercial leases and other real estate due diligence documents.
Represented an interior design firm in negotiating numerous interior design contracts with several hotel owners and operators.
Represented the owner of a Holiday Inn Express franchise in Oregon in negotiating and preparing an AIA design-build agreement with an architect/contractor for a multi-phase project that included the replacement of siding and windows. Extensive negotiations included provisions for liquidated damages for late delivery of work and coordination of work to minimize interference with hotel operations.
Represented various architecture firms in drafting and negotiating design agreements.
Represented U.S. architecture firms in connection with negotiating design service contracts with Chinese developers for projects in various Chinese cities.
- Construction and development of non-profit organization’s headquarters and community center in Texas
Represented a non-profit organization in the construction and development of its headquarters and a community center in Houston, Texas.
Represented a non-profit corporation in New York City in connection with an access license agreement related to the neighboring building’s renovation.
Represented a Taiwanese bank and a Chinese investment company in negotiating an office lease in New York City.
Represented a NASDAQ-listed Chinese e-commerce company in negotiating a warehouse lease in New Jersey.
Represented high-net-worth Chinese clients in purchasing multimillion-dollar single-family houses in Long Island, New York, as well as new development condominium apartments in New York City.
Represented a state-owned Chinese company to negotiate a construction license agreement with the neighboring owner of a large hotel project in New York City.
Represented Chinese investors in connection with joint venture real estate development projects.
- Represented a well-established architectural firm tenant
Represented a well-established architectural firm tenant in negotiating leases for more than 20,000 square feet of office space, while terminating existing lease in different building to ensure a smooth transition.
- Oversaw the sale and purchase of residential properties for a famous actor
- Represented a high net-worth Chinese individual
Represented a high net-worth Chinese individual in her purchase of a $10 million residential property on the North Shore of Long Island, New York.
- Represented a Hong Kong executive
Represented a Hong Kong executive in his purchase of a four-bedroom condominium in the new Apthorp development.
- Counsel to a renowned sculptor
Counsel to a renowned sculptor in connection with his $3 million purchase of commercial property in Brooklyn, New York, in an installment sale/purchase money financing (subsequently converted to a mortgage).
- Sale of a residential building with multiple rental leases
Handled the $5 million sale of a residential building with multiple rental leases in midtown Manhattan.
- Served as outside counsel for a famous architectural firm (including drafting and negotiating several multi-million dollar contracts in China)
Representation of landlords of shopping centers in negotiating leases with retail tenants, including Walgreen, Fred Meyer, Office Depot, Home Depot, Michael’s, Big 5, Dollar Tree, Men’s Wearhouse, Sleep Train, Sleep Country, Radio Shack, Act III/Regal Theatre, Gene Juarez Salon, PCC Natural Markets, Grocery Outlet, Red Apple, Maurices, Payless ShoeSource, O’Reilly Auto Parts, Jiffy Lube, FedEx Office, and U.S. Bank.
Representation of landlords of shopping centers negotiating leases with restaurants, fast food outlets, and coffee shops, including Applebee’s, Mitzel’s American Kitchen, Hooters, Houlihan’s, Rock Bottom Brewery, Quiznos, Burger King, Subway, McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Starbucks, Tully’s, Ben & Jerry’s, and Cold Stone Creamery.
Representation of the purchaser in connection with the purchase of improved and unimproved property, including the Emerald Downs racetrack, the Salish Lodge and Spa, and the purchase of 96,307 acres of timberland in King, Pierce and Lewis Counties in Washington for $313 million.
Representation of owners in their negotiation with architects and contractors for the development of shopping centers, hotels, resorts, and casinos.
Representation of lenders in connection with more than $150 million construction and land loans secured by real property in the Pacific Northwest, including $25 million financing for the renovation of Seattle’s Nordstrom flagship building, participation in the Seattle Millennium Tower construction loan, and Portland’s Brewery Blocks project construction loan.
Representation of developers in connection with development of condominium projects, including the development of the Meridian, a 26-story, 160-unit condominium tower in downtown Seattle; represented developer as the borrower of a $73.5 million construction loan for Summit Office Building in Bellevue; represented developer in the development and leasing of the Bellevue Galleria shopping center, including negotiation of $42 million construction loan with Wells Fargo and negotiation of equity financing with ING Baring.
Successful defense of a seller accused of fraud in $41 million sale of Lynnwood data center to ByteGrid, a national operator of data centers.
Drafted commercial leases for hotel owner in its capacity as landlord to restaurateur tenants that provide room service to hotel guests; located in historic Pike Place Market.
Represented seller of real property with three tenants, including a cannabis grower, in a seller-financed transaction structured with an 18-month interim lease option converting into a secured term loan.
Counseled home buyers on residential purchases; advised international client on purchase of real property in Eastern Washington for future development of data center; represented private equity lenders in acquisitions of multifamily apartment projects.
Advised clients on construction financing for mixed-use, retail, healthcare, hospitality, higher education, multifamily, affordable housing and residential subdivision development projects.
Represented lead lender in $116 million syndicated loan secured by more than 50 vessels and multiple parcels of real property, focusing primarily on documenting secured collateral.
Negotiated easement encroachments with utilities and neighboring property owners for commercial and residential clients; drafted easements for ingress, egress, parking, maintenance, and well connections; resolved encroachment issues in connection with converting fee property into Indian trust land.
Performed complex due diligence review for title issues in $400 million acquisition of a hospital system comprised of several owned and leased properties; advised clients on owner and lender title policy coverage, title exceptions and title insurance endorsements.
Represented a Portland-based coffee company in its acquisition of new a roasting facility location in Southeast Portland, and long term leases for several new retail locations throughout the Portland area and in Southern California.
Represented a property owner in the sale of a large-scale facility near Seattle, after the tenant had stopped paying rent and was in receivership. Successfully navigated the receivership issues and facilitated a fast-track sale to the party who purchased dealership assets out of receivership, enabling client to avoid potential long-term vacancy.
Represented the largest professional ballet company in Oregon in the long-term lease of its new headquarters, comprising office space, rehearsal studios, and a dance school, in Portland’s South Waterfront neighborhood.
Represented a general contractor with respect to construction agreements for several phases of a large project in Portland, enabling the client to undertake construction of a mixed-use complex having approximately 200 residential units, 15,000 square feet of retail space, and 50,000 square feet of underground parking.
Represented an out-of-state buyer in the simultaneous acquisition of a Chevrolet dealership and the neighboring Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Fiat dealership, along with the underlying dealership facilities, in the Portland metropolitan area.
Represented a Washington auto dealer in obtaining a new construction loan to refinance its prior loan (which was in default), orchestrating dozens of lien payoffs, and helping the client to avoid a catastrophic foreclosure event, to finish building its facility, and to open for business.
Represented purchaser of asphalt refinery assets and real property located in Portland, Oregon, including acquisition of submerged land lease, railroad easement rights, and extensive pipeline easements and City of Portland franchise rights. Transaction included formation of new purchaser entity and review and negotiation of loan documents to finance the acquisition.
Represented nationally-based commercial lender in $25-million equipment and real estate secured financing as part of a $45-million asset acquisition of heavy equipment dealer in Lane County, Oregon, including negotiating and preparing secured loan documentation for real and personal property located in multiple Oregon counties.
Represented Japanese microchip manufacturer in $3.8-million acquisition of industrial park site in Hillsboro, Oregon, and subsequent construction and development of $8.1-million semiconductor manufacturing facility, including synthetic lease financing.
Represented residential developers in land acquisitions and subsequent developments for subdivision, PUD, town and condominium projects in Portland, Oregon, metropolitan area. This included negotiating and documenting options to purchase for regional homebuilder on over 150 acres of land in Washington County, Oregon, for residential subdivision development. Also represented several family farm clients in multi-million dollar sales of land to developers and subsequent tax-deferred exchanges into investment real estate.
Represented owner of assisted-living facilities in connection with obtaining $40-million line of credit secured by 16 assisted-living properties located throughout the United States, including subsequent amendments with additional 18 assisted-living facilities as collateral.
Represented purchasers and sellers in multimillion dollar acquisitions and sales of regional, retail shopping centers, including negotiating financing and reviewing leases, title, environmental and other due diligence matters. These transactions include acquisitions to complete Section 1031 tax-deferred exchanges. Ongoing representation for owners include leasing and loan covenant compliance matters.
- Obtained summary judgment in New York State Court for a full real estate brokerage commission owed to a commercial real estate broker
Obtained summary judgment in New York State Court for a full real estate brokerage commission owed to a commercial real estate broker after the landlord entered into a lease with a tenant introduced by the real estate broker client to the landlord during the term of the broker/client's exclusive representation, but after the exclusive term expired, successfully arguing that the extension clause in the exclusive brokerage agreement entitled the broker to its full commission.
- Obtained a jury verdict in New York State Court after a three day trial awarding a full real estate brokerage commission to a commercial real estate broker
Obtained a jury verdict in New York State Court after a three day trial awarding a full real estate brokerage commission to a commercial real estate broker notwithstanding the argument that, among other things, the tenant procured by the broker never paid rent and was shut down soon after possession was tendered for health code violations.
- Successfully represented two limited partners claiming breach of fiduciary duty against their general partner
Successfully represented two limited partners claiming breach of fiduciary duty against their general partner, a national real estate developer, resulting in a favorable settlement for the clients.
- Defeated a motion for a preliminary injunction brought by a laundry service provider attempting to enforce an automatic renewal clause
Defeated a motion for a preliminary injunction brought by a laundry service provider attempting to enforce an automatic renewal clause in an agreement between the laundry service provider and the owner of a residential multi-family building successfully arguing that the automatic renewal clause could not be invoked because the agreement was a license rather than a lease and the failure to provide a timely notice of the automatic renewal in accordance with General Obligation Law 5-903 negated the renewal.
- Regularly counsel and troubleshoot for commercial real estate brokers and salesmen involved in the rental and sale of commercial real estate
Regularly counsel and troubleshoot for commercial real estate brokers and salesmen involved in the rental and sale of commercial real estate including, but not limited, the negotiation of exclusive agreements, landlord/owner brokerage agreements and landlord/leasing agent/outside broker co-brokerage agreements
Assisted regional leasing equipment dealer with ground lease and industrial building development in Washington County, Oregon, including option to purchase.
Represented purchaser of downtown Portland, Oregon office building, including due diligence review of all leases, estoppel certificate coordination, title and survey review and closing matters. Ongoing representation negotiating new leases.
Represented buyers and sellers in hotel purchases and sales, including financing matters.
Represented purchaser of electric generator facility, including negotiation of Purchase and Sale Agreement, title review and closing matters.
News & Events
- Stacy Marchesano and Greg Duff Moderated Two Panel Sessions at Bisnow Summit on How the Hot Seattle Tourism Market Is Impacting the Hotel IndustryGSB Newsroom, 2.25.19
- Larry Brant Quoted in the Portland Business Journal About Importance of Proper Due Diligence in Qualified Opportunity Fund InvestmentsPortland Business Journal, 2.8.19
- GSB Newsroom, 1.2.19
- GSB Newsroom, 11.7.18
- 28 GSB Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America® 2019 List; Two Portland Lawyers Named ‘Lawyer of the Year’GSB Newsroom, 8.15.18
- GSB Newsroom, 7.24.18
- GSB Newsroom, 3.6.18
- 30 GSB Attorneys Named to the 2018 The Best Lawyers in America® List; Three Lawyers Named ‘Lawyer of the Year’GSB Newsroom, 8.15.17
- GSB Newsroom, 7.11.17
- Law360 (subscription required), 4.28.17
- GSB Newsroom, 3.22.17
- GSB Newsroom, 1.3.17
- GSB Press Release, 9.6.16
- GSB Press Release, 8.5.13
- Garvey Schubert Barer Continues Growth, Adds Litigators Gary Grenley and Paul Trinchero to Portland OfficeGSB Press Release, 9.6.11
- Garvey Schubert Barer Welcomes New Owners; Expands Business, Real Estate and Land Use Practice AreasGSB Press Release, 5.1.09
- Short-Term Rental Update: Airbnb goes luxe; The Plum Guide aims to become the Michelin Guide for the short-term rental world; short-term rental opportunities expand in Seattle with the approval of accessory dwelling units by the CityNorthwest Real Estate Forum , 7.15.19
- Short-Term Rental Update: Disney works its magic for short-term rentals; Airbnb educates Seattle's short-term rental communityNorthwest Real Estate Forum , 6.24.19
- Short-Term Rental Update: Airbnb poised for a reprieve in the EU; Guesty offers innovative and more streamlined tools for property management side of short-term rentalsNorthwest Real Estate Forum , 5.17.19
- Short-Term Rental Update: Short-term rental operator Lyric raises $160m; Fannie Mae-backed mortgages allowed for short-term rentals; City of Seattle enforcement delayedNorthwest Real Estate Forum , 5.2.19
- Short-Term Rental Update: Airbnb argues about City of Boston's short-term rental ordinance; AirDNA expands footprint of rental data; Google's hotel search adds short-term rentalsNorthwest Real Estate Forum , 4.18.19
- Short-Term Rental Update: HomeAway and Airbnb lose the battle against Santa Monica; Blueground gains tractionNorthwest Real Estate Forum , 3.22.19
- Short-Term Rental Update: Short-term rentals continue to gain market share; partnering early in the multifamily development process; New York City continues to battle AirbnbNorthwest Real Estate Forum , 3.7.19
- Puget Sound's Increase in Development, Investment & Supply Panel Discussions at Bisnow's 2019 Pacific Northwest Hotel SummitDuff on Hospitality Law, 3.6.19
- Short-Term Rental Update: Startup Recharge's ultra-short-term rental stays; the City of Victoria in British Columbia ramping up enforcement efforts against illegal short-term rentalsNorthwest Real Estate Forum , 2.11.19
- Larry's Tax Law, 2.5.19
- Short-Term Rental Update: Airbnb, Inc. v. NYC on data collection and the Fourth Amendment; Airbnb's undisclosed security camera causes privacy snafuNorthwest Real Estate Forum , 1.22.19
- Short-Term Rental Update: First statewide short-term rental regulations signed into law in Massachusetts; Startups receive influx of funding signifying future collaborations in the industryNorthwest Real Estate Forum , 1.3.19
- Short-Term Rental Update: L.A. approves regulations for short-term rentals; Las Vegas Council new rule called ‘A Ban In Disguise’ on Airbnb; Canada's first cannabis hotel plans to launch in 2019Northwest Real Estate Forum , 12.20.18
- Short-Term Rental Update: Airbnb's new 'Backyard' initiative; Miami-Dade County files lawsuits against HomeAway and FlipKey; the City of Portland to finalize data-sharing agreement with AirbnbNorthwest Real Estate Forum , 12.6.18
- Cross Border Business Law Blog, 4.5.18
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 2.15.18
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 2.8.18
- Cross Border Business Law Blog, 12.28.17
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 10.12.17
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 10.5.17
- Cannabis Business Blog, 10.4.17
- The Estate of George H. Bartell et. al. v. Commissioner – IRS Issues an Action on Decision – Was It Too Good to Be True? The IRS Thinks So!Larry's Tax Law, 8.29.17
- Form Over Substance Sometimes Prevails in Tax Law – Estate of George H. Bartell et. al. v. CommissionerLarry's Tax Law, 3.8.17
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 10.7.16
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 8.5.16
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 7.8.16
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 5.27.16
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 5.20.16
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 4.8.16
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 2.26.16
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 1.15.16
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 12.23.15
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 11.20.15
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 9.21.15
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 8.7.15
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 7.1.15
- Not So Recent Court of Appeals Case Grants Improvement Districts Statutory Right to Enter onto the Lands of Its MembersNorthwest Real Estate Forum , 5.15.15
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 4.7.15
- Is What is Good for the Goose Only for the Goose? Partial Taking: A novel attempt to exclude “Cost-to-Cure” evidence at trialNorthwest Real Estate Forum , 3.13.15
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 3.6.15
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 1.30.15
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 11.20.14
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 10.24.14
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 9.10.14
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 4.8.14
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 3.14.14
- The Grinch Foiled Again! - How Commercial Real Estate Loan Guarantors Got An Early Christmas Present From The Washington Court Of AppealsNorthwest Real Estate Forum , 12.26.13
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 10.21.13
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 10.11.13
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 8.23.13
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 6.14.13
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 6.7.13
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 1.16.13
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 12.14.12
- Notes from 2012 ICSC Shopping Center Law Conference: Hurricane Sandy and Damage and Destruction Clauses in Retail LeasesNorthwest Real Estate Forum , 11.13.12
- Yet Another "Inherent Power of the Court" or How to Clean Up the Mess Left by the Guy Who Lost His RanchNorthwest Real Estate Forum , 10.27.12
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 7.24.12
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 6.26.12
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 5.11.12
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 3.14.12
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 2.10.12
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 1.5.12
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 12.8.11
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 11.10.11
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 11.7.11
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 7.13.11
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 6.16.11
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 2.22.11
- Northwest Real Estate Forum , 12.29.10
- Speaking EngagementBend, OR, 8.16.19
- “The Value of What: Getting the Ownership Rights Right in Real Property Appraisals," Seattle Chapter of the Appraisal Institute Fall Real Estate ConferenceSpeaking engagementSeattle, WA, 9.27.19
- Speaking engagementSeattle, WA, 11.10-13.19
- "Preparing Experts for Trial Testimony," Eminent Domain: Current Developments in Condemnation, Valuation & ChallengesSpeaking EngagementPortland, OR, 6.7.19
- "Problematic Jury Instructions and How to Educate the Jury," Eminent Domain: Current Developments in Condemnation, Valuation & ChallengesPanel DiscussionPortland, OR, 6.6.19
- "Portland & Puget Sound's Increase In Development, Investment, & Supply," Bisnow's 2019 Pacific Northwest Hotel SummitPanel DiscussionSeattle, WA, 2.19.19
- "Marketing & Business Development - Senior Associate Panel," LMANext Seattle: December Lunch 'n LearnPanel DiscussionSeattle, WA, 12.11.18
- "Developments in the World of IRC Section 1031 Exchanges, Including the Impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act," 2018 IRS/Practitioners ForumSpeaking EngagementWilsonville, OR, 10.31.18
- Panel discussionPortland, OR, 9.27.18
- Speaking EngagementGleneden Beach, OR, 8.10.18
- “Adverse Possession? Prescriptive Easements? Here's the What, Where, When, Why, and How,” 2018 RELU Annual Summer ConferenceSpeaking EngagementGleneden Beach, OR, 8.10.18
- "Developments in the World of IRC Section 1031 Exchanges Including the TCJA," Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA) Forest Products ConferenceSpeaking EngagementEugene, OR, 6.22.18
- Continuing Education SeminarPortland, OR, 5.11.18
- “Protecting Your Design,” Leadership, Mentoring, Networking, Opportunity for A&D Professionals (LMNOP)Panel DiscussionNew York, NY, 4.24.18
- Speaking EngagementPortland, OR, 1.18.18
- Panel DiscussionPortland, OR, 10.11.17
- "Key Considerations When Buying, Selling and Leasing Real Estate for Cannabis Use," Cannabis Investment Network - Portland Pitch EventSpeaking EngagementPortland, OR, 10.11.17
- "Oregon's Blue Sky Securities Law—Better Safe than Sorry," Oregon State Bar 2017 RELU Summer ConferenceSpeaking EngagementBend, OR, 8.18.17
- "Condemnation Law: Updates, Tips and Traps," Oregon County Counsel Association 2017 Summer ConferenceSpeaking EngagementBend, OR, 8.3.17
- "Developments in the World of IRC § 1031 Exchanges," 2017 Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants Annual Real Estate ConferenceSpeaking EngagementPortland, OR, 6.14.17
- Panel DiscussionSeattle, WA, 6.8.17
- "Discovery in Condemnation," The Seminar Group's 10th Annual Eminent Domain Program: Current Developments in Condemnation, Valuation & ChallengesSpeaking EngagementPortland, OR, 6.1.17
- Investment Seminars in ChinaBeijing / Fuzhou / Shenzhen, China, 5.22.17 | 5.24.17 | 5.26.17
- Cannabis Business SeminarPortland, OR, 5.18.17
- "What You May Not Know About the Application of the Attorney-Client Privilege, Work Product Doctrine and Joint Defense Doctrine in Oregon," Oregon State Bar 2017 RELU Spring ForumSpeaking EngagementTigard, OR, 4.28.17
- "Private Land Use Regulation Through CC&Rs: The Tension Between Private Interest and Public Policy," Oregon State Bar 2017 RELU Spring ForumSpeaking EngagementTigard, OR, 4.28.17
- Colorado Real Estate Contracts 101Speaking engagementBoulder, CO, 10.20.16
- SeminarGarvey Schubert Barer, Portland, OR, 2.8.12
- Speaking EngagementPortland Building Auditorium, Portland, OR, 12.11.09
- Western Real Estate Business, 10.14.17
- Real Property Practice Chapter (Real Estate Financing and Security Devices)Washington Lawyers Practice Manual, 16
- Garvey Schubert Barer, 5.15.14
- Of Counsel
- Law Clerk
- Staff Attorney
- Office Managing Director and Principal