As part of our ongoing commitment to providing timely information about pressing concerns affecting your business and industry, Garvey Schubert Barer regularly hosts seminars and roundtables on key legal developments. Whether in-house, at a national legal or industry conference, or at your facility, you can trust our lawyers to deliver the information you need, when you need it. Our goal is to help you successfully meet your business challenges and take advantage of your business opportunities.
In addition, as part of Garvey Schubert Barer's strong commitment to public service, we regularly support or sponsor legal, industry and charitable events.
- Speaking Engagement"Measure 50/Oregon Tax Update," 2017 Western States Petroleum Association Property Tax Educational ForumEl Segundo, CA, 9.27.17
- Speaking Engagement"Manufacturing/Energy Issues – Including Carbon Tax/Obsolescence," Council on State Taxation (COST) Property Tax Workshop, held in cooperation with the International Property Tax Workshop (IPTI)Oak Brook, IL, 9.28.17, 2:30 p.m.
- Speaking Engagement"Don’t React – It’s Time to Proactively Address Property Tax Issues," Council on State Taxation (COST) Property Tax Workshop, held in cooperation with the International Property Tax Workshop (IPTI)Oak Brook, IL, 9.28.17, 2:30 p.m.
- Speaking Engagement"Living in the Trenches – Best Practices to Handle Complex Valuation Issues," Council on State Taxation (COST) Property Tax Workshop, held in cooperation with the International Property Tax Workshop (IPTI)Oak Brook, IL, 9.28.17, 3:35 p.m.
- Speaking Engagement"Constitutional Challenges to Income Taxation in the Western States: Putting Seattle’s Income Tax in Proper Perspective," Western States Association of Tax Administrators Conference 2017Missoula, Montana, 10.1-10.4.17
- Speaking Engagement“How the Market Views the Value of ‘Value-Add’ Properties,” Seattle Chapter of the Appraisal Institute Fall Real Estate ConferenceSeattle, WA, 10.6.17, 3:30 p.m.
- Panel DiscussionPortland, OR, 10.11.17
- Speaking EngagementNew York, NY, 10.22.17-10.27.17
- EventChicago, IL, 10.25.17-10.27.17
- Speaking EngagementSan Francisco, CA, 11.12.17-11.17.17
- Speaking Engagement"Securities Liability for Transactional Lawyers Under Oregon’s Draconian Blue Sky Law," Oregon State Bar Securities Law Section EventPortland, OR, 11.15.17
- Speaking Engagement"A Look at Worker Classification Under Federal, State and Local Law," Willamette Law Review Tax SymposiumSalem, OR, 2.2.18
- Speaking EngagementTigard, OR, 9.13.17
- Speaking EngagementPortland, OR, 9.8.17
- Speaking EngagementDenver, CO, 9.7.17
- Panel Presentation"Negotiations and Mediation—Confidential or Do You Want a Record? and Post-Alfieri," Oregon State Bar Professional Liability Fund – 2017 Defense Panel ConferenceSunriver, OR, 8.25.17
- Speaking Engagement"Oregon's Blue Sky Securities Law—Better Safe than Sorry," Oregon State Bar 2017 RELU Summer ConferenceBend, OR, 8.18.17