As part of our ongoing commitment to providing timely information about pressing concerns affecting your business and industry, Garvey Schubert Barer regularly hosts seminars and roundtables on key legal developments. Whether in-house, at a national legal or industry conference, or at your facility, you can trust our lawyers to deliver the information you need, when you need it. Our goal is to help you successfully meet your business challenges and take advantage of your business opportunities.
In addition, as part of Garvey Schubert Barer's strong commitment to public service, we regularly support or sponsor legal, industry and charitable events.
- Speaking Engagement"Who is the Taxman? The Intersection of State, Local and Tribal Taxation," The 47th Annual Appraisal for Ad Valorem Taxation of Communications, Energy and Transportation PropertiesWichita, KS, 7.25.17, 10:15 a.m.
- Speaking Engagement"Entity Classification – Another Look at the Check-the-Box Regulations," New York University Summer Institute in TaxationNew York, NY, 7.27.17
- Speaking EngagementSeattle, WA, 7.27.17
- Speaking Engagement"Updates in Condemnation Law," Oregon County Counsel Association 2017 Summer ConferenceBend, OR, 8.3.17
- Speaking EngagementAustin, TX, 8.10.17
- Panel PresentationWashington, D.C.
- Speaking Engagement"Oregon's Blue Sky Securities Law—Better Safe than Sorry," Oregon State Bar 2017 RELU Summer ConferenceBend, OR, 8.18.17
- EventOregon State Bar Professional Liability Fund – 2017 Defense Panel ConferenceSunriver, OR, 8.25.17
- Event"Protecting Yourself From Liability to Non-Clients: Understanding Which Business Ventures Are Oregon Securities," Oregon State Bar CLETigard, OR, 9.13.17
- Speaking Engagement"Manufacturing/Energy Issues – Including Carbon Tax/Obsolescence," Council on State Taxation (COST) Property Tax Workshop, held in cooperation with the International Property Tax Workshop (IPTI)Oak Brook, IL, 9.28.17, 2:30 p.m.
- Speaking Engagement"Don’t React – It’s Time to Proactively Address Property Tax Issues," Council on State Taxation (COST) Property Tax Workshop, held in cooperation with the International Property Tax Workshop (IPTI)Oak Brook, IL, 9.28.17, 2:30 p.m.
- Speaking Engagement"Living in the Trenches – Best Practices to Handle Complex Valuation Issues," Council on State Taxation (COST) Property Tax Workshop, held in cooperation with the International Property Tax Workshop (IPTI)Oak Brook, IL, 9.28.17, 3:35 p.m.
- Speaking Engagement“How the Market Views the Value of ‘Value-Add’ Properties,” Seattle Chapter of the Appraisal Institute Fall Real Estate ConferenceSeattle, WA, 10.6.17, 3:30 p.m.
- Speaking EngagementNew York, NY, 10.22.17-10.27.17
- EventChicago, IL, 10.25.17-10.27.17
- Speaking EngagementSan Francisco, CA, 11.12.17-11.17.17
- Speaking Engagement"Securities Liability for Transactional Lawyers Under Oregon’s Draconian Blue Sky Law," Oregon State Bar Securities Law Section EventPortland, OR, 11.15.17
- Speaking EngagementDenver, CO, 7.19.17
- Industry ConferenceWashington, D.C., 7.19.17
- Speaking EngagementSeattle, WA, 7.18.17
- Speaking EngagementDenver, CO, 7.18.17
- Panel Discussion"2017 National Association of Unemployment Insurance Appeals Professionals Annual Conference," National Association of Unemployment Insurance Appeals ProfessionalsSeattle, WA, 6.18.17-6.22.17